TOP 6 Raw Dog Food Reviews and Comparison
1 place :
Top Choice: Stewart Freeze Dried Dog Food
1 place :
Stewart Freeze Dried Dog Food is considered by many dog owners, vets, and nutritionists the best raw dog food on the market today. This feed is essentially based on a well-balanced nutrition plan – in other words, if supplies all the necessary substances for a dog’s well-being. It’s also quite simple to store. Now, the Stewart Freeze Dried Dog Food contains high-quality ingredients, as follows: chicken as the protein, chicken bones, liver, and salmon meat. This incredible blend cause a spectacular effect on a dog’s overall health and skin. Manufacturers bluntly state that this feed is 45% protein and we’re keen on believing this, considering the ingredients mentioned above. Moreover, the Stewart Freeze Dried Dog Food has broccoli, dried kelp, and carrots for carbs that also sustain digestion and make sure that dogs with sensitive stomachs can eat the feed, too. In other words, this is one of the finest examples of top-quality raw dog food that you can buy for a somewhat affordable cost. But, there is a downside – some dog owners report that their pets didn’t like how it tastes, so you have to try and see, if your four-legged friend likes the feed.
2 place :
Freeze-Dried Food Choice: Stella & Chewy's Freeze-Dried Raw Stella's Super Dinner
2 place :
Stella & Chewy's Freeze-Dried Raw Stella's Super Dinner is also one of the most prominent representatives of the raw dog food segment, since it features top-notch quality ingredients in its recipe. This feed is developed on the base of a well-balanced nutrition plan rich in minerals and vitamins. One of the most exciting things about this particular diet is that it is made of up to 95% of naturally fed beef that is accompanied by organs and bones. There are also fruits and vegetables featured in the feed that ensure easy digestion and quick carb influx. The Stella & Chewy's Freeze-Dried Raw Stella's Super Dinner is a grain-free feed packed with proteins, nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. The only thing you should pay attention to, if you buy some of it for your pet, is look out for sharp bones in the package, because sometimes they make it all the way to the counter.
3 place :
Budget Option: Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Grain Free Dog Food
3 place :
When it comes to popular brands that manufacture high-quality raw dog food, Honest Kitchen is one of those staying at the top of the charts. The formula incorporated in the Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Grain Free Dog Food has the best natural ingredients for energetic dogs. If you don’t have much time to spend on cooking meals for your pet, you should seriously consider getting this feed. Its main protein is real turkey, which is a great source of building material and energy. The Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Grain Free Dog Food also has carrots, potatoes, and spinach that help sustain canine digestion. Vitamins and minerals are an essential part of the recipe, as well, provided by apples, blueberries, and bananas. The feed also features Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids that are important for your dog’s healthy skin and coat. But, just as with the previous item on our list, the Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Grain Free Dog Food is not for every dog – you should try giving your pet some and see if it likes the treat.
4 place :
Organic Recipe: Primal Freeze Dried Dog Food Chicken Formula
4 place :
Primal Freeze Dried Dog Food Chicken Formula is a unique item on our list. Why? Well, the reason is simple – this feed is made of human-grade ingredients. It is also highly praised by dog owners for not having soy, gluten, hormones, or antibiotics in its content. Chicken serves as the main protein source in this recipe. Due to the freshly ground bones added to the feed, it also features a high calcium content, which is – seriously – perfect for any domestic animal. Salmon oil provides the formula with energy input. As the finishing touch, the Primal Freeze Dried Dog Food Chicken Formula has tons of minerals and vitamins along with Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. As with many other raw dog feeds, this formula isn’t the tastiest option.
5 place :
Puppy Treat: Instinct Freeze Dried Raw Nuggets for Dogs
5 place :
The best thing about the Instinct Freeze Dried Raw Nuggets for Dogs is its form – little nuggets that all dogs can eat, whether adult or puppies. This is a well-balanced diet based on natural ingredients only to provide your pet with a healthy set of nutrients and vitamins. This raw feed is especially good for puppies, because it supports the crucial development stages. Chicken serves as the feed’s main component and protein, and is accompanied by chicken liver, heart, and bones. According to the manufacturer, this recipe is 40% crude protein and about 6% crude fiber. The latter is provided by butternut and carrots that are essential for proper digestion in dogs. The lack of grains assures its suitability for dogs with sensitive stomachs and food allergies. The formula also features salmon oil, which will assure that your pet never has issues with its coat or skin. On top of it all, the Instinct Freeze Dried Raw Nuggets for Dogs tastes great and all dogs love it, but it comes at a price – a rather high one.
6 place :
Premade: I And Love And You Dehydrated Review
6 place :
Next up is 'I and love and you' which is another known brand for the best raw food diet on the market. Its formula features real meat and is 100% grain free. This diet has up to 22% of crude protein thanks to its main ingredient which is beef. This percentage is ideal for the good development of your pet’s muscles and bones. Its ingredients also feature peas, potatoes, and cabbage which contribute to the content of the crude fibers up to 6.5%. Thanks to its wonderfully made formula, this diet is perfect for a sensitive stomach, according to other best raw dog food reviews. The manufacturers also used flaxseed as a source of crude fat and banana kelp and spinach for vitamins. In conclusion, this raw dog food is one of the best for a healthy lifestyle of your 4-paws friend, thanks to its all-natural ingredients and the amounts of vitamins and minerals that this diet contains.
Types of Raw Dog Food
Freeze-Dried Dog Food
Without a doubt, the best freeze-dried dog food is the one that is very shelf-stable. Every diet is based on an all-natural formula without artificial flavors or preservatives. All ingredients, such as meat, vegetables, and fruits are genuine and natural, which makes these feeds easy to store for a long time. This process of freeze-drying is extremely useful, because it helps remove the moisture from ingredients and prevent the food from decay. Thus, enzymes and vitamins don’t lose any properties. The freeze-drying process consists of getting the temperature to a low point in the vacuum chamber, at which water immediately turns into a gas.
Dehydrated Dog Food
Dehydrated food does not change natural components. The only difference is that the technological process is based on other steps. The water is removed from such ingredients as meat, vegetables, and fruits by drying, which means that air circulation is constantly changed (dry and hot) to maintain gthis process effective. It is also one of the best raw feeds for puppies.
Raw Dog Food Buying Guide — What To Look For?
For your pet to be healthy, you need to make the right decision when it comes to its diet. In the steps described below, you will find out how to choose the best raw food for your dog and not cause any harm to it.
What Are the Basics of Raw Dog Diet?
In order to make a well-balanced lifestyle for your dog, it is important to give it the necessary nutrients on a daily basis. Even if you prefer to cook meals or to buy ready-made feeds, you need to pay thorough attention to your dog’s nutrition intake. That is why every raw dog food diet must have the next ingredients in its composition:
- Meat: It is important that every diet has either raw meat (beef, lamb, chicken, rabbit) or raw fish. The idea of being normal for dogs to eat only meat is wrong, and this is why it should make just a small part of the diet.
- Meat Bones: They take an important part in the recipe, because bones come with at least 50% meat on them (whole chicken and turkey carcasses, necks, wings, lamb bones). They must be raw, since boiled bones can represent a big risk for the dogs. The bones become harder when boiled, and their sharp ends can mess up the insides of the canine and get stuck in the digestive system.
- Organs: They come in various forms – heart, liver, kidney. They are important elements of a canine diet. There is a huge amount of protein and enzymes in the tissues of the internal organs, so they do not have to be in large quantities. It is best to feed your dog with these ingredients once or twice a week. Organs are of great importance in the diet of growing puppies or pregnant dogs or even dogs that experience high amounts of stress.
- Vegetables: Vegetables have to be diverse. They can also consist of both root and ground, or they can be fleshy leafy. Vegetables, such as carrots, celery, lettuce, spinach, sweet peppers, zucchini are recommended to be given constantly and in any quantity. Tomatoes, avocados and even cabbage should be a part of the diet, but in really small quantities.
- Fats: They also have to be part of the diet. The food should not have more than 15% of fat.
- Carbohydrates: The raw dog food should have carbohydrates, but in very small quantities. This is because grains in raw form can be hard to digest. This is why we recommend a grain-free product.
Benefits of Best Raw Food for Dogs
There are lots of benefits, when it comes to transitioning to raw food. The main reason, why people chose this diet is that it promotes a healthier lifestyle for their dogs. Before making any big step, you should definitely consult to a vet. The most noticeable benefits of this diet include:
- A much shinier coat;
- Improvements in the health of the skin;
- Their teeth will be clean;
- Your pet will be much more energetic;
- Your pet will not have to deal with the problems of overweight.
Risks of Raw Diet for Dogs
As many good things about this diet are, there are also some risks you should be aware of:
- When it comes to raw meat, there can be hygienic problems. Without knowing, you can feed your dog with raw meat contaminated with harmful bacteria that may harm your dog’s health.
- Bones are rather hard to be eaten by dogs; that is why they can harm the teeth and cause other injuries. We recommend you to supervise your dog, when it is eating raw bones.
- There can be a risk, when it comes to harmful ingredients. This also applies to homemade meals. Either way, it will not contain all the ingredients that are necessary for the dog in just one meal. That is why ready-made diets are already based on well-balanced formulas.
Final 2019 Advice
Buckle up, friends, this is the final verdict. After a rigorous investigation, we believe that the Stewart Freeze Dried Dog Food is the best raw dog food recipe on the market today. This freeze-dried dog food has an all-natural high-quality base that comes with the necessary amount of vitamins and minerals. Since it’s based on a chicken and salmon formula, this food has a very good source of protein, and it is also gluten- and grain-free. During its preparation, the manufacturer preserves the best ingredients. This raw dog feed is also a good choice, if your pet suffers from a sensitive stomach or deals with various allergies. Every vitamin included in the Stewart’s Raw Naturals Dried Dog Food helps strengthen your dog’s health and increases its overall well-being and energy.
Even when it comes to diets for humans, we all know how complicated that stuff is. This is why we hope that our list made you realize, what the best raw dog food is and how good the raw food diet for dogs is.