Here Is a List of the Best Dog Toothpaste
1 place :
Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste for dogs
1 place :
Available in a sizeable tube of 6.2 ounces. This toothpaste represents an advanced version with patented enzymes of non-foaming technique. It means there is no need to rinse your pup’s mouth after brushing with this toothpaste. Also, it has these tasty poultry flavor that all pups fall for. Experts recommend using it along with a soft-bristled brush at least three times a week for attaining these best results.
2 place :
Nylabone Advanced Oral Care Natural Dog Toothpaste.
2 place :
Accessible in a small pack of 2.5 ounces. It has a scientific ingredient called Denta-C that lessen this plaque formation in your pup’s teeth and fights to destroy growth of bacteria. Your pet is undoubtedly going to love this natural peanut-flavor of this Nylabone toothpaste. Thus, it becomes so easy for you to manage their oral care. Make sure you use it for at least two times a week.
3 place :
Kissable All-Natural Toothpaste for Dogs
3 place :
This toothpaste is a hundred percent organic type, and you need not worry if your pet swallows it. All ingredients of this toothpaste - like vanilla and stevia always improve that taste naturally without affecting blood glucose level. It comes in two organic flavors of cucumber-mint combination and vanilla-tree oil mix that promotes both healthy teeth and gums.
4 place :
Paws and Pals Dog Enzymatic Toothpaste
4 place :
This toothpaste comes in two tubes with a considerable quantity of 14 oz. It has an enzymatic formula that reaches out to clear off all tartar and plaque sticking to your dog’s teeth. If you see yellowish coloring of your dog’s teeth, go forward to use this toothpaste. This item brings instant results of brighter teeth and fresh breath. It has a meat flavor that is an attraction even to toothbrush hesitant pups.
5 place :
Vet’s Best Enzymatic Dental Gel Toothpaste for Dogs
5 place :
Available in an easy to use squeeze pack of 3.5 oz. Natural contents like grapefruit essence, neem oil and aloe are all smoothly blended with the right proportion of baking soda and enzymes to bring in the most useful features. You can right away apply this toothpaste gel on your fingers and make them brush.
6 place :
Pack Of 2: Paws & Pals Dog Enzymatic
6 place :
Paws & Pals features an excellent pack of two tubes with toothpaste and one toothbrush. It is an excellent cleaner for your pet's teeth to turn them into white sparkling crystals. More than that, this product helps to cope with unpleasant breath and tooth decay. This is also an excellent means for curing gum diseases and plaque removal. You only need to follow these basic requirements of application. This is a powerful solution for tartar removing.
7 place :
Dental Gel for Dogs: Tropiclean Fresh Breath Oral Care Gel
7 place :
Tropiclean Fresh Breath Oral Care Gel is effective for plaque and tartar removal, breath refreshing, and teeth cleaning in a short period. It starts acting at once after application. Also, this organic product removes plaque and softens tartar quickly. Thanks to patented mixture of natural compounds, it makes a healthy environment in your dog's oral cavity, protects from periodontitis, and improves dental system health in the pet's mouth. It also copes with minor gums irritations.
8 place :
Good Taste: Vet’s Best Enzymatic Dental Gel
8 place :
Vet’s dental gel removes plaque and tartar gently, as well as promotes freshness of breath. It keeps hygiene in your dog's oral cavity and gives white color to the teeth. Moreover, this toothpaste refreshes animal's breath thanks to its pleasant taste and smell. You need to apply a small amount of product on the pet's tongue to refresh its breath.
9 place :
Budget Friendly: Nutri-Vet Enzymatic Canine
9 place :
Nutri-Vet enzyme toothpaste is an efficient and safe means that will take care of dog's teeth and gums at any age. Its regular application will stop tartar formation, gums inflammation, and teeth loss. It is also effective against unpleasant odors from pet's mouth. This product is free from fluorides, polyphosphates, and abrasives. Based on dog toothpaste reviews, it also has a non-foaming formula.
Look out for quality and action that toothpaste ingredient offers. Further, double-check the scent of these toothpaste gels as majority of dogs do not like to use things that smells strong.
Different Kinds of Toothpaste Available in the Market
You need to choose the right products carefully for cleaning your dog teeth. There are different varieties available for pups in the stores. There are classic pastes, gels, liquid products, etc. Some products are available for specific purposes also.
- Paste – It is advisable that you buy toothpaste that contains non-foaming ingredients for puppies. It will not harm your puppies if they swallow the paste in small quantities. These ingredients presented in the paste – like silica and baking soda will not harm dog’s tooth. They are very much safe for your pet. To eliminate all bacteria, enzymes, and antibacterial substances like lactoperoxidase and glucose oxidase help a lot.
- Gel– It helps in protecting gums, makes your pet’s breath fresh, prevents plaque and cleans teeth thoroughly. You need to apply gel directly for cleaning the teeth. You don’t have to brush or wipe after using this gel.
- Spray– When you use spray, composition of saliva will change. It will result in removing complex deposits and plaque.
For Small Breeds
In apartments, people find it convenient to keep small dogs. Hence, now decorative breeds are quite popular. Even though it is not difficult to care for them, they are easily susceptible to different ailments associated with oral activity.
However, you need to keep in mind that cleaning your pet’s teeth helps in preventing the occurrence of oral problems but does not guarantee that it will save pet from all oral diseases. Maintaining good dental hygiene will help in removing plaque, prevents tartar formation and freshens breath. These enzymes present in the toothpaste will help in killing the harmful bacteria that is present in meat products or wet food. You need to choose the flavor that your pet likes so that your animal will not mind this procedure much.
Factors to Consider While Buying the Cleaning Products for Your Dog
When you step into a pet store, you will find a wide variety of cleaning products. You need to consider the following factors while choosing cleaning product for your pet’s teeth.
Composition- You need to check composition of product to find out if any of substance is allergic to your pet. That main component in the cleaning products is water, which helps in softening the solids. This product contains glycerin to make it denser and more viscous. Gum acts as the stabilizing agent, which does not allow the product to spread much. The manufacturers add carrageenan into the product so that it prevents paste from hardening. It does not harm your pets. Titanium dioxide helps the paste to get the light shade, and sorbitol gives a pleasant taste to the product. Sorbitol does not create obesity. It has a positive effect on your pets’ stomach.
The manufacturers add abrasives in little quantity, which makes the enamel of dog’s glisten. All the components are on the box of the product. You need to check it out to ensure all the components are safe for your pet. The paste comes in white color because of the addition of titanium dioxide.
- Taste – Your pet should like the taste of the toothpaste. If the dogs do not like the unpleasant taste, it will end up making the process of cleaning complicate. You should try out different flavors to find out your dogs’ favorite.
- Liquid or Powder– If you are wondering whether a liquid product or powdered product is best suitable for your pet, it is best to opt for liquid-based products. Diluting the dry powder is a time-consuming process.
- Natural Supplements– Normally all the manufacturer tries their best to add smaller quantities of additives as possible so that it does not irritate the animals. The preferred options are various natural ingredients. Clay is a good option for using an abrasive substance.
Tips to Keep in Mind to Keep Your Pet’s Teeth Clean
- All pet owners are aware of the importance of dental health. You should take all the necessary steps to maintain good oral hygiene so that it stays in good condition. Below mentioned are a few steps you need to follow to keep your dog’s teeth clean.
- You should ensure that your dog follows a healthy diet to protect your dogs’ mouth cavity.
- Raw bones that are hard are right for your pet dog.
- You need to encourage this habit of nibbling for right development of their dental apparatus. It is advisable that you buy chewing toys for your pets apart from giving lumpy food.
- You could use natural sprays that act as liquid brushes. These natural sprays have got good reviews from users. These are very much high in demand.
- You could opt for coconut oil. They are just like toothpaste. They have got many antimicrobial properties. These animals usually like taste, and they don’t create any fuss while you use it.
As mentioned, it is essential that you use cleaning products for your dog as it helps in keeping their mouth clean and prevents unpleasant smell. Apart from that, it protects your pet from getting oral diseases. Read through these reviews carefully before you pick the right product for your dog. Ensure that you pick this one that your pet is comfortable and has a liking towards it. Do not try to force any product on them.
Best Dog Toothpaste in 2019. Our Final Advice
As you can see, the best dog toothpaste is a necessary remedy for healthy teeth for each animal because it allows you to clean the mouth and improve the smell from it. In addition, it is able to prevent oral cavity diseases. Based on the dog toothpaste reviews, Petrodex Enzymatic is the best option. Both you and your pet will surely love it as it was designed specially to clean the animal’s teeth from plaque and to whiten them. The composition consists of two pastes: a homogeneous mint and chlorophyll gel to refresh the breath, and a paste with microparticles to polish the teeth. It has a chicken flavor.