Top 10 Best Dog Life Jackets Compared and Reviewed
1 place :
Swimways Dog Life Vest Sea Squirts
1 place :
This blue colored life vest is a fully functional unit that ensures full coverage for dog’s body in water. You can easily pull attached on preserver’s back to get smooth control of your too young or too old doggie. Also, there exists a metal D-ring on that jacket that enables you to connect a chain or string to it, so that you can manage your pet if it is out from water surface.
2 place :
Ruffwear-K-9 Float Coat for Dog
2 place :
Ruffwear is a classy swim training wear for your pet dog. It consists of strategically designed foam cells that naturally hold your pet in the right position. It does have a handle loop on the vest’s top that aids you to draw your dog out from the water. This jacket nicely fit the body shape of your pet as it contains adjustable telescopic neck buckles.
3 place :
Ezydog Dog Life Vest
3 place :
Any dog with a body length varying between 14.8 to 19.8 inches, body circumference of around 24.8 to 40 inches or even a body mass below 59 pounds can comfortably wear this life vest. Further, adjustable neoprene straps present in the preserver make it suit to the body of your pet perfectly. It is ergonomically styled and tested to give maximum comfort and support to dogs while swimming.
4 place :
Outward Hound-Granby Dog Life Jacket
4 place :
This pattern is available in all sizes ranging from XS to XL, and so this signals to be a happy choice for your furry friend. Moreover, it has integrated buckles under belly and chest that comfortably secures your doggie in the water area. Fluffy foam panels enclosures in the vest render maximum buoyancy and assist your pet in holding its head above water in the upright position. Reflective orange piping over preserver surface ensures easy tracking of your pet.
5 place :
Paws Aboard Double Designer Dog Life Jacket
5 place :
This vest contains highly breathable neoprene material that ensures the adequate buoyancy level for your pet. Also, play of colors, along with reflective line on this preserver enhances visibility of your furry friend from any place. It potentially wraps around your dog’s body to give comfiest and confident feeling. This presence of D-ring and handlebar makes it extremely helpful in drawing out them from water.
6 place :
Best Warranty: Kurgo Surf N Turf Dog Life Vest
6 place :
The Kurgo dog vest is what you need to keep your animal safe while swimming. This product has 2 handles if you need to lift your dog quickly. Also, there are 2 D-rings to attach the leash if you wish. This model comes in red color with special reflecting stripes to make it more visible in the water. This product is available even for puppies. Moreover, item has a lifetime warranty so that you may use it within whole life.
7 place :
Most Stylish: Haocoo Dog Life Jacket
7 place :
HAOCOO vest is produced from high-quality materials, and you can choose from a range of colors. You can easily select a design to fit your pet. As to styles, for instance, you can dress your puppy as a pink mermaid with this vest. This vest is made of reflective material.
8 place :
Great Fastening System: Paws Aboard Double Designer
8 place :
Paws Aboard Double Designer provides ultimate security for your pet while it is out in the water. Believe it or not, pups also get tired while in the water. Top paw life preserver offers this ultimate boost with a cozy, secure, breathable mesh, underbelly for proper drainage and drying, giving your pup more comfort and healthier conditions. It is designed for pets weighing 20- 50 pounds. The product’s main features include new reflective stripes for maximum visibility, bright designer colors, and unique design, top grip for quick and easy gripping, adjustable nylon straps and quick-release buckles. This construction is heavy, solid, and has comfortable Velcro fastening to keep belly and neck securely fastened.
9 place :
Great Buckles: Choice Camo Pet Life Preserver
9 place :
This preserver has some great features to protect your animal in the water. It has three straps: around belly and chest to guarantee the desired security, and to let the pet move freely on the ground simultaneously. A convenient handle on the back will help you take out the animal faster in case of an emergency.
10 place :
The Last but Not the Least: Petcee Dog Vest
10 place :
If you are looking for a smart and convenient preserver for your pet, give preference to PetCee product. It has an extra float located under the pet’s chin to keep head of your animal above the water all the time. The manufacturer makes this unit in two colors: pink and blue. If you are interested in extraordinary variant, choose between a mermaid tail or a pup shark design.
The life preserver makes your pup independent to move around and swim in the water. However, while choosing the best one for your pet, do refer to sizing guide and make sure it has all extra accessories like reflectors, handles, D-chain on it for at most safety.
Types Life Jackets For Dogs:
A) Vests With Passive Safety
These are preserver made for a long stay in the water. They are the most comfortable type of vests that make your pup safer for long swimming. They aid in easy breathing and remaining afloat due to size. These are also available in considerable sizes, and vests with more size can cause some hindrance to movement.
B) Vests with Active Safety
These preservers have just the opposite features of other types of jackets. They are available only in small sizes, and pup can move and swim comfortably.
There Are Several Awareness Tips About the Need for Life Vests for Your Dog:
- Not all pups are swimmers. They do the version of pup paddle when they find themselves in water. So, there is a need for doggie life preservers.
- Pups love to swim, but in rough water, it is safer to get a life vest for your loved one.
- Swimming in calm or still water poses difficulty in the form of algae or debris.
- Life preservers have safety grab handles which help the doggies at worst situation.
- Accidents and emergencies can occur at any time. It is your responsibility to take care of your pet.
- They are very much necessary for the type of doggies having low body weight.
- While taking your pup to sea for swimming, wearing life vests would help the doggie to face even stronger waves in deep water.
- The optimally positioned handles in the vest would help you to pull your pup from the water.
- These also provide both buoyancy and visibility.
Features Of Best Life Jacket For Dogs:
The best life vest must have several features, which you should consider when you purchase it. Some of them are the followings:
- Safety and security It is the safety and security of your pets that matter a lot. It is important to understand that even the best paddlers can’t swim for long. The size of vest and your pup should be complimentary. If your doggie is a swimmer, choose type that suits its nature of stay in the water.
- Making material Good quality jackets can be made of waterproof materials like neoprene, polyester, cordura, etc. and polyethylene foam filled inside to allow them to remain afloat.
- Visibility While you are selecting the best jacket for your pup, must check whether your pet faces any visibility issues after wearing this jacket. Just like a human, a pup must also need good vision when it swims.
- Handles There is a need for handles. It is necessary when you need your doggie out of water. This feature is great for assisting your dog while swimming. Do not let your pup wear a collar and swim with a handle having leash since it can be dangerous.
- Size and fit Select this jacket that fits the body of your pet tight enough. There are some sizes available in the market, choose this size that makes your pup more comfortable when they swim, according to its weight. Loose jackets may allow entry of water inside and lead to accidents. Make sure your pup can sit or lie down comfortably.
- Quality We look for the jacket that is easy to put on even wet, wiggly pups quickly. The quality of jackets always depends on its durability and reliability. High priced jackets may provide guarantee and assurance. A lot of branded jackets are available in the markets.
- Bright color Bright colored jackets make the pup visible and can help in worse conditions. So, it is advisable to select bright or dark-colored jackets for your pet or have a reflective material on it to identify the pet in dim light.
- Address sign There is a need for waterproof address sign, that would help you to find your pup if it gets lost while swimming.
Directions On When And How To Put The Flotation Vest On
There is a greater chance of making mistakes when you are putting a life-saving device, which may lead to a greater disaster. When you make the pet wear a properly fitted jacket, your pet feels much comfortable and easy to float in the water. The following are the points to keep in mind:
- If there is any instruction book provided with the kit, make sure that you read it. It may give you the idea to properly handle and wear this jacket. These patterns may differ according to the manufacturer, but the basic directions remain the same.
- Make sure that your pet feels free after wearing the jackets, especially the landing.
- For a new swimmer, opting for a branded vest is safer.
The Directions to Put the Vest on the Following:
- Put the jacket on your pup’s back with handle.
- Next step is to fasten vest’s collar.
- Then attach jacket underbelly, it makes the jacket fit to the body.
- With a breast band, connect belly fastener and collar.
- Checking saddle girth in-between paws of your pup is necessary.
- The last step is to tighten the breast band, collar, and girth.
The above-said points on purchasing the best life jacket for your pet are just a few. Even great swimmers can get exhausted, so it is always good to get lifesaving jackets for your pup. Accidents and emergencies can happen at any time. Wearing life vests could help you to spot your pup easily, and it also gives you peace of mind.