Best Dog Dewormers
1 place :
Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer
1 place :
Fleas are common in the environment. When pets consume fleas, they get affected by tapeworms. Sometimes, when they get irritated due to itchy feeling, they start licking or biting their hair. Fleas get into their body easily. Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer helps pets to recover in case of any health issues. It helps to treat pets affected due to tapeworms coming from fleas in the environment. There is no prescription required. It’s generally given to puppies after four weeks of age.
2 place :
Bayer Animal Health Quad Dewormer for Large Dogs (Over 45 lbs) 2 Chewable Tablets
2 place :
It’s a quad dewormer. Technically, it has all necessary properties to get rid of harmful effects of tapeworms, roundworms, and other whipworms. It’s very effective against specific organisms like tapeworms, hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms. It’s manufactured for medium-sized doggies approximately 45lbs or more.
3 place :
Sentry HC WormX Plus Dog Dewormer (Round/Hook/Tapeworm) Dog
3 place :
This is a product very effective against the tapeworms and other similar organisms that affect doggies. It is not required to consume this product regularly. Monthly dosage resolves that issue. It is manufactured for small pups, puppies weighing 6 – 25lbs. It is effective against large tapeworms and roundworms. It is available without any prior prescription.
4 place :
8in1 Safe-Guard Canine Dewormer for Dogs, 3-Day Treatment
4 place :
It is considered a very safe option for young puppies. It is easy to make pups consume and found to be very effective. It is effectual against tapeworms, hookworms, and roundworms. It is available in the form of granules and can be mixed with food and consumed. Each package contains 4-gram pouches, three in number.
5 place :
5 place :
This product is exclusively manufactured to treat hookworms and roundworms in puppies and pups as well. This dosage includes one teaspoon for every ten pounds of body weight. It is suitable for puppies and pups above two weeks of age.
6 place :
Best Pack: Durvet Triple Medium and Large Dog Wormer
6 place :
Durvet Triple Medium and Large Dog Wormer contain 12 deworming tablets for pups, and it is suitable for medium and large breeds suffering from parasites. As pills are chewable and flavored, you will not have any difficulties with treating your pet with this medication. Furthermore, drug's price is lower in comparison to other similar products against worms. This medicine also helps to strengthen your pet's immune system.
7 place :
Broad Spectrum of Action: Triple Puppy and Small Dog Wormer
7 place :
Durvet Triple Puppy and Small Dog Wormer belong to preparations with a broad spectrum of action. It was specially created for puppies and small doggies which weigh 6 – 25 lbs. There are 12 flavored chewable pills in the pack, so even a fussy pooch will like them. These pills are effective against tapeworms, hookworms, and even roundworms. Their action is gentle, and they safely remove parasites from animal's body.
8 place :
Budget Friendly: Panacur Canine
8 place :
Panacur Canine Dewormer is effective against adult forms, larvae, and eggs. It contains Fenbendazole. This compound causes a disturbance in the energy metabolism of adult helminths with a neurotoxic effect. However, it belongs to low-toxic ones. You may not worry about giving this product to animals as they tolerate it well even with multiple overdoses. There are no side effects and complications, and it is suitable even for puppies.
As a general rule, weaned puppies must be prevented against harmful parasites and certainly needs to be dewormed. Dosage varies from breed to the age and weight as well. Check all prerequisites and choose the best that will suit your pups.
Different Kinds of Dog Wormers
The pup wormers come in various types. Each pup’s requirements are different. While some of them may take a pill easily, others will not be comfortable in swallowing a pill. Know different kinds of doggie wormers available and which among them is the most effective.
- Pills Pills are the most common form of doggie wormers. There are pills available for all kinds of breeds of pups. These pills work when given during breakfast. It is best if you do not grind it. Look for some side effects like problems with kidneys and liver or some allergy. Most doggies will take these pills easily if pill has some flavors and is aromatic.
- Drops The liquid form of dog wormers is applied to dog’s dry skin if pup does not have any wounds. This drop is distributed and absorbed by the body. This method helps to fight all parasites easily, and it is simple to use. These drops treat internal as well as any pests on the external of pup. Drops are perfect for aggressive variety of pups who do not accept oral medication.
- Syrup and Suspension This dewormer is perfect for small doggies and puppies. These particles settle on the bottom, so make sure that you shake this bottle before offering liquid to the pup. The syrup tastes sweet, and it should be given in the mouth of your pet on its corners. It can also be given along with food. The drug works best when given during breakfast.
- Infection If there are parasites from cestodes and nematodes class, then these need injections. The vet will administer the injection after examining your pup. There are some solutions where the vet will give injections on the dog’s muscle.
- Other Methods Pastes, sprays, capsules, and sweet pieces are other ways to give deworming medicine to the dogs. This, however, is not a very diverse choice. So, most pet owners will choose these pills, suspensions, or drops for their pet.
How to Buy a Dog Wormer
Here are a few things that the owner of dog should keep in mind when choosing an anthelmintic drug for their dog.
- Type of Worm The best dewormer for your dog has to be chosen carefully. This helminths type has to be figured out because not all drugs will work to all kinds of parasites. The parasites in the intestines can be limited using medications. This is not absorbed into the blood-stream, and this affects only worms that are present in the intestine. This parasite’s egg and larva, however, stay alive. Anthelmintic drugs are used for parasites that stay in the liver. This gets absorbed in the blood-stream, and it penetrates bile ducts and liver tissue. The parasites that are present in the soft tissues, heart, and lungs are taken out using drugs that get absorbed in the blood-stream completely. These medicines can destroy larva and adult parasites as well. Thus, drugs that you choose to administer your pet is dependent on the organ in which this parasite is localized.
- The Drug Form Usually, dogs are given suspensions, and this is for pups and dogs of small breed. Most owners will prefer to administer liquids to their dogs because it is easy to administer this liquid as compared to tablets.
- Safety You need to check whether the dewormer is safe to use. This drug should not be toxic and should not contain any hazardous substance. The brand of the product is also important. It is important that you stick to buying products from well-known companies that manufacture deworming drugs. Also, make sure to check reviews to find out how reliable the drug is.
- Effectiveness How effective a particular deworming drug is can be found out from reviews of a particular brand. If you want to be sure, then contact your dog’s vet who will guide you to pick up the best deworming drug for your dog.
Tips for Deworming Your Dog
Depending on helminths type and age of your pet, here are a few things that you need to keep in mind when you do deworm procedure for the first time.
- Tip 1 Give dewormer to your pet when it has an empty stomach or three hours after your pup has eaten. Some brands will ask to give this drug with dog food. Refer to instructions on the label. Do not exceed the dosage because it could cause a severe reaction and in the worst case, even death. Some dog wormers must be given at a particular time only. This depends on the type of worm, and the time that activity of worm is the maximum. Like for example, if there are pinworms in the pup, then these parasites are active mostly during the nighttime
- Tip 2 Calm the pup down and only then administer the medicine to it. Else, the animal will not accept the medication
- Tip 3 After you have given this drug, do not disturb your pet for some time. Just monitor its behavior and condition. If you see that your pet is drooling or shaking, then you may need to administer an absorbent drug.
- Tip 4 Keep a bowl filled with water near your pet and change it in three hours. If the condition of the pet gets bad, then you should rush your pup to the vet clinic.
- Tip 5 Never administer human medication to your pet. This is because the drug has elements that are not designed to be given to pets. This could cause side-effects.
The Best Dog Wormer in 2019. Our Final Advice
Dog worming is a process that requires care and accuracy. It is possible to rid pets of worms even with mass invasion. So, what’s the best dewormer for dogs? Our review proves that this is Bayer Tapeworm, as this best dewormer for dogs fits even puppies that are older than 4 weeks. It is effective for the most common parasites and tastes yummy for dogs. And the most pleasant thing about this best product is its affordable price. Furthermore, Bayer is a reputable brand with excellent recommendations among the pet owners, as dog wormer reviews prove.