Top 8 Cute Chinchilla Cages Compared and Reviewed
1 place :
Living World Deluxe Habitat
1 place :
This is a well-crafted enclosure that provides every requirement for your pet animal to be safe. It’s a complete habitat to be precise. It has a plastic base at the bottom with a well-ventilated wireframe on top. It’s available in very large sizes, general dimension includes 46-8/9-inch/ 22-4/5-inch/ 24-inch.
2 place :
Petmate Two Door Top Load Kennel - Assorted Colors
2 place :
It’s one of these professionally well-crafted kennels. It’s convenient to carry it on travel as it’s very compact and safe. These dimensions are sufficient to accommodate a small pet, 16.75 x 11 x 9.25 Inches. It can contain up to pets with a weight of ten pounds. It has top open doors for easy access, and there is a steady handle that gives a secure grip to open top steel door.
3 place :
Midwest Deluxe Critter Nation
3 place :
It’s a sophisticated cage with many provisions. It looks attractive and gives room for your pet to run around, climb, and play. Dimensions include 36 L, 25 W, 63 H and there are two units with two adjustable shelves and three ramps. It also has four-wheel casters to lock and secure an enclosure and comes with a one-year warranty.
4 place :
Prevue Hendryx Black Feisty Ferret Cage
4 place :
It’s an elementary enclosure form with a lot of provisions to keep many things and very spacious to let your loved one play along. It’s made of wrought iron and with Hammertone. It has two platforms and three ramps available with doors that are hinged and large. That wire spacing dimensions include 31 L, 20 W, 54 H. A debris tray is available, which is easy to clean.
5 place :
Midwest Ferret Nation Double Unit with Stand Ferret Cage
5 place :
It’s yet another double unit system that provides a secure environment for your lovable pets. These swing-like ramp construction and tubes along edges let your pets have their fun time. It has two pans and two shelves with three ramps made up of plastic. It also has a double door system with good width and four locking wheel casters. It comes with a one-year warranty. These dimensions are of 36L/ 25W/ 62H. The finishing touch is of Quartz Hammertone.
6 place :
Budget Friendly: Mcage Large 3-Level Cage
6 place :
Mcage Large 3-Level Cage is a pocket-friendly option and the cheapest in our review. It will fit for beginners. Although its price is rather low, it’s made of top-quality metal that will serve you for ages. The bars have a 1.5-inch distance in between, so that coop is escape-proof. This all-metal chinchilla enclosure’s construction is also chew-proof. It’s quite roomy, even for two pets and lightweight. The product has a bottom tray for easy cleaning and handles.
7 place :
Best Value: Prevue Hendryx Earthtone Dusted Rose Cage
7 place :
Prevue Hendryx is one of the cool chinchilla enclosures, as it’s equipped with everything you need to keep your pets clean, happy, and healthy. Its durable metal construction will serve you for ages without any rust and corrosion. A bottom tray guarantees easy cleaning, and this is the only plastic item in this model. Thanks to its lightweight design, you can easily change its placement as you wish. You can store the cleaning means and some goodies underneath the bottom. It comes with three levels suitable for one or two animals, and you can buy new toys and other entertaining things to place in this spacious house.
8 place :
Top Urine Guard: Homey Pet 3-Tier Chinchilla Crate
8 place :
Homey Pet 3-Tier Chinchilla Crate is a bit smaller in size in comparison to other enclosures in the review, but still, it’s the best chinchilla cage suitable for 1 or 2 pets. Its main material is plastic, but it comes with wires made of metal for safety and protection of your pet from escaping. It has two doors in front of both levels. The main benefit of this acrylic chinchilla enclosure is its urine guard so your house will be protected from awful urine smells. It’s also easy in cleaning.
Set your priorities and get the best Chinchilla enclosure that will be resourceful for your pet and start growing them in there from initial stages. This will get used to it and keep them comfortable throughout the day.
Types of cages for the chinchilla
The chinchilla enclosures come in varied designs and styles. Knowing the different types of cages and the pros and cons of each one will let you make the perfect choice for your pet.
- Metal cage Small apartment owners mostly purchase these metal cages, and they keep your pet in this cage. These enclosures are readily available. Make sure that you choose a large one so that your animal is able to move freely in that enclosure. The pros of selecting this enclosure are that it’s highly accessible. It’s easy to clean, and there are many color and size choices for the same. The disadvantages of this type of enclosure are that it has poor noise isolation. These plastic parts get useless quickly. These sawdust and hay are scratched in every direction. Also, these enclosures are not fit to install in the homes.
- Wooden Cages The showcases made of wood are a convenient option and preferred by most of the chinchilla owners. These are of a large size and have layers. It lets the owner keep animals of various kinds in one showcase. The owner can choose size of showcase based on where he wants to install it. The most common type of these models is made using wood. Wood is safe and fits into the home interiors well. However, the problem with wood is that it absorbs moisture and smell, and thus, the challenge is to keep it clean. Chipboard is another option that owner can choose for showcase. It’s less expensive than wood. However, when you choose to use chipboard, you should make sure that it’s safe. Some of impregnations may be poisonous. Some of showcases can be made using an aluminum profile. This is the most expensive type and also lasts long. The main pros of this kind of cage are that it’s very efficient. Often these cages are custom made. It allows for good noise isolation. This cage gives a large area where your animal can stay safe. That showcase fits in any interior easily. There are a few disadvantages to this variety of enclosure. It’s difficult to disinfect, and if walls are made of sand, mesh, sawdust, or feed, then this will be scattered all over the place. That structure cannot be disassembled, and it’s not durable.
- Professional showcases These showcases are made using chipboard and wood and at times from aluminum and glass. The professionals usually use this variety. The main reason for using this kind of enclosure is that it’s safe and has good noise isolation. This cage can be designed as per choice, and it fits into room’s aesthetes. You can also choose the optimal size for your chinchilla. This enclosure can be cleaned easily, and it’s durable. These glass doors make it possible to look at your pet continuously. The price of this cage is, however, the biggest disadvantage
- Farm models The farm enclosures are not to be used at home. These are enclosures that are made of metal. They are then attached to walls or installed in many tiers.
How to choose the best chinchilla cage
The pet stores will offer you a number of varieties of chinchilla cages. These are safe and made using specialized materials. To pick that perfect enclosure for your pet, you need to ensure that it meets your pet’s characteristics and needs.
- The size The chinchilla enclosure’s size has to be determined to take into consideration that this pet is highly active. It’s important that the pet has enough space so that it’s able to use its energy. The chinchilla should be able to run and jump, and for that, try to have a cage, that is at least a meter in length and height. A composite structure is perfect for many pets. A large cage will come with hammocks, shelves, and wheels.
- Materials The chinchilla enclosures are made with galvanized metal and mesh. Chinchilla can swallow small fragments, and this could lead to many diseases. Try to stay away from varnished and painted materials. These metal edges that have plastic are the best because they not only last long but are also safe to use. If the mesh surface is slippery and smooth, then there are chances of an injury. So, mesh that is made using natural materials and are rough are the best. There should be a good amount of distance between the lattice and the bar. This is so that the pet does not injure its paws in enclosure. The showcases that are made of wood are safe and environment friendly, but it could be difficult to clean them. Since wood absorbs the odor, it cannot be disinfected.
- Construction The best cages for chinchilla are solid or collapsible. This collapsible model is easy to disinfect, store, and transport. The drawback of this is that the parts are less tightly fixed than in the solid model. The chinchilla breed moves a lot, and this makes noise. This activity that happens in the solid model is less noisy as compared to the collapsible model. The model that comes with a pull-out tray can be cleaned easily. The container should fit in the walls snugly.
- Ventilation It’s important that this enclosure allows fresh air to flow freely and in a large volume. There should also be some special openings in enclosure that lets the fresh air to enter. Else, the animal will start to get sick and have poor hair.
- Security The cage should be made using accessories that are durable and does not contain glue, paint, and lime or any artificial textiles. It should also not be made using dangerous and harmful components. The chinchilla will start to gnaw on everything, and if there are any toxic substances that it chews, then it could cause poisoning.
Our Final Advice for 2019
Today we have reviewed the main issues related to the choice of good chinchilla cages, its equipment, additional necessary accessories, as well as how often to clean it and how to care for the animal in general. We hope that thanks to our advice and recommendations, you will be able to ensure a comfortable and safe life of chinchillas in your home. In our opinion, Living World Deluxe Habitat is the best chinchilla cage in 2019 as it comes with a broad set of handy features. Its hybrid type with a plastic bottom base and metal top provides good safety for your pet. It won’t break its legs running on wires or if falling down on a metal floor. It is also easy to clean and quite affordable in terms of the price. Therefore, if you are looking for a safe, roomy, durable, quality cage equipped with entertaining chinchilla supplies, this option is ideal for you.